MOJAYSKİY OFFICE AND ADMINISTRATION BUILDING MOSCOW / RUSSIA
Employer: ALTO-ESSETS LTD.
Construction Date: November, 2011 – 2013
Construction area: 78.498 m²
The Office and Administration building, located on Mojayskiy Val street, which is connected to Moscow’s city center Kutuzovski street, consists of 4 Blocks. Parking lots and technical areas have been designed in the basement floors. On the upper floors, there are offices, multi-purpose halls, restaurants and cafeterias in various square meters.
The underground construction, from 0.00 to -18.00 level, consists of 4 basement floors and the total construction area is 30.011 m2. The reinforced concrete consteructions of the basement floor were carried out with the Semi Top Down and Strut consolidation system. Semi top Down system is a system used in numerous projects around the world and its application requires great experience and technology. GENTES has successfully completed the works undertaken in accordance with the contract terms and project and delivered them to the Employer.
The above-ground construction from 0.00 level consists of 14 floors and the construction area is 48.487 m².
Brief information about the Semi Top Down construction system;
In the top-down construction method, the structure is built from top to bottom, as opposed to conventional techniques. Therefore, analysis and design calculations are quite different from conventional methods. The rigidity of the structural elements provides excellent horizontal support during excavation. In deep excavations, if the building under construction is very close to the perimeter wall of the existing building, the risk of soil collapse is avoided owing to the horizontal supports.
For this reason, the top-down process is preferable for underground garages, underground passages, metro lines and network lines, on multiple floors if the groundwater level in the construction area is very high and if two or more several basements must be created there.
1. Construct the perimeter wall, Construct the piles. Place the steel columns or struts where the piles are constructed.
2. Cast the floor slab of first basement level.
3. Proceed to the first stage of excavation.
4. Start construction of the superstructure.
5. Cast the floor slab of the second basement level Proceed to the second stage of excavation.
6. Repeat the same procedure till the desired depth is reached.
7. Construct the foundation slab and ground beams, etc. Complete the basement works
8. Keep constructing the superstructure till it gets finished.